cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon jail
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:49:39 GMT
First of all, nice and thank you very much giving us back the zone.

On 03/15/2012 05:49 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 15/03/2012 17:42, Robby Pelssers wrote:
>> Hey Francesco,
>>
>> First of all... great job.
>> Secondly, is this part of automated build?  So if we make changes to
>> samples block this site will get auto-updated?
>
> Hi Robby,
> it is not part of the automated build (and unfortunately I don't think
> it could ever be), but as indicated below, the samples webapp is
> generated by a multmodule project whose sources are here [3], and such
> project depends on SNAPSHOT artifacts.

IMO we should be able to connect Jenkins build with autodeploy to our
zone server. We are ATM running our test server like that.

>> I do have a potential improvement.   The ones remembering the C2.1x
>> samples on cocoon.zones.apache.org will remember that the main page
>> contained links to core functionality and non-core functionality
>> (blocks).  You could e.g. click on some cocoon-forms related links
>> and you could see the final result as well as the relevant
>> code/configuration snippets involved.
>>
>> I think that is a great way to get a head-start because you actually
>> only show isolated easy-to-grasp concepts.
>>
>> I wouldn't mind starting some prototypal stuff on this (without
>> committing) in a couple of weeks (once my courses are done) and show
>> some results.
>
> I think this would be great: looking forward to see the results!

IMO quickest setup for us is:
one tomcat and 3 jars with the sample app. Where I see only c3 as
candidate for autodeploy.

nice work.

salu2

> Regards.

>>> 2. samples for Cocoon 2.1
>>> 3. old content?
>>> 4. better index page - current one is cut&paste from website

--
Thorsten Scherler<scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/