cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: c3 - I18nTransformer and xhtml markup in properties
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:34:40 GMT
On 03/02/2012 09:27 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 01/03/2012 18:41, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are using the i18n transformer in our app but now we need to add
>> xhtml tags in the resource bundle. However I tried with
>>
>> message.test2 = This is "<h2>message.test3</h2>"
>> message.test3 = This is "&lt;h2&gt;message.test4&lt;/h2&gt;"
>>
>> but the problem is that is does not get parsed correctly.
>>
>> Can it be that our c3 transformer does not support that ATM?
> Hi Thorsten,
> I think that the usage you report above was never tried with C3
> I18NTransformer; anyway, do you think it's correct to include markup in
> a language catalog? Would this mean that markup is language-dependent?
>
> Regards.

We are developing an app for a client in Switzerland where we need to
support de, en, fr and it. Some markup is indeed language-dependent like
some links. However in case of some system messages we need to use some
<strong> ... markup within the i18n values.

In old 18n transformer that had always been supported and IMO is a basic
feature for the i18n. I need to have a closer look into the i18n
transfomer where to implement it.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler<scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/