HI again, Wolfram,

It is not a string template script AND a generator. It is rather 'either'.
If you make a list with all the data modifying operations that the application offers, how many would that be?
   - Let us call them "commands". They would go into a "cocoon controller". (Or two, or three).

Some xsp will only be about presenation of data. You may have a choice there.

You may be able to group some xsp's together.
You will probably want to move application control and navigation apart.

It all depends, I guess. But I agree it is quite some work and demands re-verification.
However, once you get the hang of it, I guess you will find C3 more convenient to work with that the older versions, especially if you are familiar with spring.

I am sorry I have no better news.

Jos