Dear mr. Eisert,
1. I believe it does. I am using the beta version in a "preproduction environment" for quite some time and it is stable.
2. It depends on what you mean by configuration. The sitemap will need some slight adaptations.
Specifics from cocoon 2.2 will no longer hold.
- no flowscripts
- xsp is "banned"
There is a nonvanishing upgrade effort.
3. no, it should be written. I never used all of cocoon 2.x, but from my experience:
- start project from 'cocoon sample and cocoon sample webapp'
- plan need for conversion scripts
- adapt sitemap
- adjust configuration (which is now essentially spring configuration)
it depends a great deal on what you have been using in cocoon 2.x.
On 01/16/2012 12:51 PM, Wolfram Eisert wrote:Dear List,
we are currently using Cocoon 2.0.4 and plan to update to a newer version during this year.
For that I have a few questions:
- Does it make sense to wait for Cocoon 3.0?
- Is the configuration compatible between Cocoon 2.2 and Cocoon 3.0?
- Is there a "howto" for moving from Cocoon 2.0.4 to a current Version?Thank you for your answers.