cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: cocoon-sample home page
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:55:37 GMT
Moving to HTML5 is good, as long as slightly older browsers (not only IE8
but also the feature phones) can render the page. For IE8 you only have to
add a js to be able to apply styling to new elements as section, nav etc.
If you use one of the new input methods, like type="number", the browser
will default to type="text" if it doesn't know the type.
A different thing is the support of audio, video and canvas, but I guess
we're not going to use them on a short notice. Makes me think of a nice
Cocoon HTML5 sample to render svg...

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com