cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [c3] Pipeline API refactoring
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:09:09 GMT

As I mentioned several times I think we should polish the pipeline API
before we do our first beta release of Cocoon 3. Especially the enforced
resutl type "OutputStream" and the exception handling need some
improvements.

For that purpose I created a branch "c3-pipeline-api-refactoring" in our
whiteboard
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/c3-pipeline-api-refactoring/)
so that our discussions don't become too theoretical ;-)

That branch only contains a minimum set of classes so that we see the
effects of a proposed change on real code but don't have to change the
whole codebase just for some examples that might be thrown away.

Steven and I plan to continue our work some time next week. We will
commit our changes then and explain them on the mailing list for further
discussions.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap