cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jos Snellings <Jos.Snelli...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Porting to current cocoon version
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:34:18 GMT
Dear mr. Eisert,

1.  I believe it does. I am using the beta version in a "preproduction
environment" for quite some time and it is stable.
2. It depends on what you mean by configuration. The sitemap will need
some slight adaptations.
     Specifics from cocoon 2.2 will no longer hold.
     - no flowscripts
     - xsp is "banned"
     There is a nonvanishing upgrade effort.
3. no, it should be written. I never used all of cocoon 2.x, but from my
experience:
     - start project from 'cocoon sample and cocoon sample webapp'
     - plan need for conversion scripts
     - adapt sitemap
     - adjust configuration (which is now essentially spring configuration)

it depends a great deal on what you have been using in cocoon 2.x.

Jos