cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] cocoon-sample / cocoon-archetype-block and rcl
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 08:06:42 GMT
On 03/01/2012 11:45, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 10:41 +0100, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>> cocoon-sample and cocoon-archetype-block do use cocoon-maven-plugin to
>> prepare and deploy a block to a local jetty, featuring some class
>> reloading feature.
>>
>> It could be an idea to remove cocoon-maven-plugin and profit from
>> class reloading features of Tomcat 7 [1] (for instance) with support
>> of Cargo for managing and configuring Tomcat instance.
>>
>> We may, of course, continue (actually, start again) support for
>> cocoon-maven-plugin. but I have more a feeling that we could better
>> concentrate on C3 development, instead.
>>
>> WDYT?
> Actually I think Igor has made a cut on the rcl using spring rcl
> instead. I would rather not force to use tomcat and bound us there.
> However if we can extract Igors work in this area I would be +1 to drop
> our own stuff in favor for spring.

Are you talking about [3]? It does not seem (to me) to provide any class
reloading; Igor, can you provide any hint here?

Regards.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/loader.html#Common_Attributes
[2] http://cargo.codehaus.org/Tomcat+7.x
[3] https://github.com/igorzep/cocoon-springification.git