cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfram <eis...@philasearch.com>
Subject Re: Porting to current cocoon version
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:39:38 GMT
It's a 10 year old app with more than 100 XSP's and specialized tag-librarys depending heavily
on the XSP-concept.

So that mean's I have to create a generator and a StringTemplate for each XSP. Am I right?

Wolfram

Am 16.01.2012 um 15:36 schrieb Robby Pelssers:

> I totally agree with Jos.  If your app mainly consists of transformations with XSLT,
you should be able to migrate within a few days.  If your complete app depends on XSP’s
you will have to spent a lot more time of course. But we’ve been in the same situation and
I guess 2 or 3 people should be able to manage to port in a matter of 1 a 2 weeks.  I advise
you to first follow the samples demo and try to implement a few small use cases from your
existing app.  If you run into any issue address this to the mailinglist in order to evaluate
the risks upfront.

> Robby

sort of enforces scripts to do 'strictly presentation'.
> The minus side:  old xsp scripts have to be rewritten.
> It all depends on how many xsp and flow scripts you have out there.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jos
>
> On 01/16/2012 02:54 PM, Wolfram Eisert wrote:
> Hello Jos,
>
> does that mean there is no xsp available in Cocoon 3 at all or that it's just not recommended?
>
> Wolfram
>
> 2012/1/16 Jos Snellings <Jos.Snellings@pandora.be>
> Dear mr. Eisert,
>
> 1.  I believe it does. I am using the beta version in a "preproduction environment" for
quite some time and it is stable.