Hi Joe,

I can understand that you want to be able to restore a situation where you actually have matching sources and config for your existing application.   On the other hand this might be a tricky task from the looks of it. Is this a huge application?!  Porting the app to Cocoon2.2 or Cocoon 3 is no option?  I’m pretty sure you will like working with the newer versions even more and even I am planning to switch from Cocoon2.2 to Cocoon3 next year. I know this involves a lot of work but sometimes the effort is worth the return you get.

If you guys should consider moving to C2 or higher there might be more response to help out.   If this is impossible maybe some die hard ‘Cocoon 2.1.x’ people can give more help.

Robby

From: DeVries, Joe [mailto:joe.devries@austin.utexas.edu]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 3:19 PM
To: Robby Pelssers; dev@cocoon.apache.org
Cc: Sands Alden Fish (sands@mit.edu); Scott Phillips (scott.a.phillips@gmail.com)
Subject: RE: Determining blocks specified for building an existing cocoon 2.1.9 jar

Hi Robby,

Regarding my objective, we have an application which relies on an old version of DSpace.  DSpace 1.5.1 uses the custom cocoon jar for which we no longer have the source, or ability to recreate.  I would like to build a 2.1.9 jar and have the source for debugging that is compatible with the existing version.    My other objective (and likely the more important one) is to gain a better understanding of how Cocoon works.

Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate your help.

Joe

--

Joe DeVries

Sr Software Developer/Analyst