cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "DeVries, Joe" <joe.devr...@austin.utexas.edu>
Subject RE: Determining blocks specified for building an existing cocoon 2.1.9 jar
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 21:42:35 GMT
Hi Robby,

I ran Java Decompiler on both jars and compared the resulting files.  Unfortunately there
are over 600 differences (see attached list), with oddities such as:

cocoon-2.1.9.src\org\apache\cocoon\Cocoon.java cocoon:
boolean result = this.threadSafeProcessor.process(environment);

dspace -2.1.9.src\org\apache\cocoon\Cocoon.java:
result = this.threadSafeProcessor.process(environment);

However, I don't know very much about decompiling, so maybe these are misleading results.

There are also 6 new classes in the DSpace version:
org\apache\cocoon\components\flow\javascript\fom \CompilingClassLoader$1.java
org\apache\cocoon\components\flow\javascript\fom\ CompilingClassLoader$2.java
org\apache\cocoon\components\flow\javascript\fom\ CompilingClassLoader$3.java
org\apache\cocoon\components\flow\javascript\fom\ CompilingClassLoader$4.java
org\apache\cocoon\generation\ JXTemplateGenerator$3.java
org\apache\cocoon\transformation\IncludeTransformer$1.java

I was going to look into a tool like clirr to check for binary compatibility and see if that
can narrow down any differences.

Joe

--
Joe DeVries