cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject Welcome Cédric Damioli and Robby Pelssers as Cocoon committers
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:28:54 GMT
Hi all,

First of all I would like to express my gratitude to all who have put their faith in me.
And I'm extremely excited to have been given this opportunity which I will accept with proud.

Secondly I would like to give a short introduction about myself.  My name is Robby Pelssers,
born on the 7th of  February 1977.  I have the Belgium nationality but I have been living
for the past 10 years in the Netherlands together with my wife Audrey and my 2 daughters of
respectively 4 and 9 years old. I studied commercial engineering at the university of Hasselt
(BE) although my first choice at the time was informatics ;-)

After my study in 2002 I immediately went to work for Vodafone Netherlands where I got to
work alongside Danny Bols on the so-called 'Network portal', a portal disclosing operational
information of the Vodafone NL network.  As it would not have been for the fact that this
portal was completely based on Apache Cocoon2.1.x, we might not have been having this conversation.
 After my Vodafone adventure I was hired by Danny Bols and his colleague Rob Berens to do
fulltime product development with Cocoon.  You could say I've seen Cocoon come a long way
from XSP, Avalon -> Flowscript, JxTemplate, Cforms -> Spring/ Maven based -> C3

The last 4 years I've been working for Ciber NL. My first customer happened to be NXP Semiconductors
where I started working on a Jboss Seam application.  At the time I didn't even know NXP was
also using Apache Cocoon. But a few months later Ciber had to take over a few existing Cocoon2.1.x
apps and I was charged with managing these applications.  As I was working solo and  Cocoon2.2
was already out for some time, I first made sure to build up enough experience by prototyping
a bit and later on making the switch to Cocoon2.2 which I never regretted.

The last year Ivan Lagunov joined my ranks and together we moved our content to (Sedna) XMLDB
which gave us extreme performance and a way to disclose our content more efficient.  As some
may have already read on twitter, Ivan and I will be putting significant effort in getting
to know Cocoon 3, Scala and playframework.  We both hope to contribute to the community via
our blogs, code contributions, bugfixes and so on.

Finally I hope to have the opportunity to meet you guys in real life one day.

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

Blogs:
http://robbypelssers.blogspot.com/