cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelss...@nxp.com>
Subject RE: [2.1] Future of Cocoon 2.1.x... again :)
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:24:20 GMT
What JDK are you using?  It seems like you will need a very old JDK for this branch to work.

Robby

From: Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgrosso@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 11:22 AM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [2.1] Future of Cocoon 2.1.x... again :)

On 12/12/2011 11:00, Cédric Damioli wrote:
Hi team,

I recently came again across annoying 2.1 bugs, which I have proposed patches for, and realized
that I received almost no answers to my "what's the future of Cocoon 2.1" e-mail, and that
my patches have not been reviewed nor committed.
I have found and patched a new one this morning : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2319

As I previously said, I fully understand that current Cocoon committers are focused on Cocoon
3, and that they probably have no great interest to old maintenance releases.
Again, I totally volunteer to help to maintain and release 2.1.x branch, as I have dozens
of production applications on top of it, running with a a-lot-patched Cocoon.
Please tell me what I can do to help.

Hi Cedric,
as I wrote in [8], here it follows what I did for building C2.1 trunk (in order to start applying
your patches, of course):

1. svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X cocoon-2_1_X
2. cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
3. set include.all.blocks=true
4. ./build.sh
5. ./build.sh test

resulted in 6 test failures (DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase)

Am I doing something wrong?

[8] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cocoon-dev/201108.mbox/%3C4E4A7273.2020106@apache.org%3E