cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-services.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Cédric Damioli and Robby Pelssers as Cocoon committers
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 00:05:41 GMT
Hi community,

I'm very proud to have been nominated for Cocoon commitership. Thanks a
lot to all who voted for me.

Let's introduce briefly myself: I am a 32 years old french guy, living
and working near Toulouse (south west of France). I am married with
Florence and have two daughters, Lisa, 3 years and Julia, 7 months and 2
teeth since last week :)

My long story with Cocoon began in 2002 as an intern of Sylvain Wallez,
with pre-2.0 versions, on a time where sitemap was compiled and XSP were
kings ! I was immediately impressed by the elegance of SAX based
pipelines. I quickly learned to write custom components and to
understand Cocoon internals.
During the 7 next years, I have trained 100+ people from French
administration and universities to Cocoon and developped dozens of
Cocoon 2.0 and 2.1 based applications.

Since 2009, I am the co-founder and CTO of Anyware Services, a small
company developping Ametys (http://www.ametys.org), an Open Source Web
CMS written on top of Cocoon 2.1. Ametys is currently mainly used by
French universities, and run almost 50 000 sites around the world.
Despite that Cocoon 2.1 may be considered as obsolete by many people, I
still consider it as the best existing framework for building publishing
applications. It is VERY stable and reliable.
I must admit that I never considered a migration to Cocoon 2.2 nor 3.0,
because of the amount of work it would represent to migrate all the
features I hacked directly deep in the Cocoon internals.
That's why I volunteered to help maintaining and releasing Cocoon 2.1

I hope to be able to contribute back to Cocoon community as much as it
brought to me and my projects  the last 10 years.

Best regards,
Cédric Damioli