cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] new pipeline component: variabelExpander
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 14:03:31 GMT
Il 15/12/2011 18:27, Simone Tripodi ha scritto:
> Hi Grosso!!!
>> Anyway, could you think of a way for using this new component inside
>> sitemap?
> ehm... yes, so... I was think about... ehm... yes I know how, yes...
> ehm... don't know yet :P
>
> jokes a part, what's your usecase using Stringtemplate inside the
> sitemap? We could start replicating the same behavior, just for
> start...

Well, just consider the way how StringTemplate transformer is currently
included in cocoon-sample's sitemap:

<map:match wildcard="string-template/transformer">
<map:generate src="string-template/template.xml"/>
<map:transform type="string-template">
<map:parameter name="parameter" value="Another value"/>
<map:parameter name="booleanParameter" value="{jexl:false}"/>
</map:transform>
<map:serialize/>
</map:match>

where template.xml is something like:

<head>
<title>StringTemplate demo</title>
</head>
<h3>StringTemplate demo</h3>
$if(booleanParameter)$
$else$
$endif$

I don't expect, of course, that VariableExpander could handle the stuff
related to booleanParameter: anyway, it should instead replace
$parameter$ white "Another value".

Anyway, I am just realizing that using a "foreign" component like
VariableExpander adds much more value in a Java pipeline than inside
sitemap...

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò