cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.1] Future of Cocoon 2.1.x... again :)
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:22:10 GMT
On 12/12/2011 11:00, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I recently came again across annoying 2.1 bugs, which I have proposed
> patches for, and realized that I received almost no answers to my
> "what's the future of Cocoon 2.1" e-mail, and that my patches have not
> been reviewed nor committed.
> I have found and patched a new one this morning :
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2319
>
> As I previously said, I fully understand that current Cocoon
> committers are focused on Cocoon 3, and that they probably have no
> great interest to old maintenance releases.
> Again, I totally volunteer to help to maintain and release 2.1.x
> branch, as I have dozens of production applications on top of it,
> running with a a-lot-patched Cocoon.
> Please tell me what I can do to help.

Hi Cedric,
as I wrote in [8], here it follows what I did for building C2.1 trunk
(in order to start applying your patches, of course):

1. svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X
cocoon-2_1_X
2. cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
3. set include.all.blocks=true
4. ./build.sh
5. ./build.sh test

resulted in 6 test failures (DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase)

Am I doing something wrong?

[8]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cocoon-dev/201108.mbox/%3C4E4A7273.2020106@apache.org%3E

--