cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Cédric Damioli and Robby Pelssers as Cocoon committers
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:34:17 GMT
On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 01:05 +0100, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> Hi community,
>
> I'm very proud to have been nominated for Cocoon commitership. Thanks a
> lot to all who voted for me.
>
> Let's introduce briefly myself: I am a 32 years old french guy, living
> and working near Toulouse (south west of France). I am married with
> Florence and have two daughters, Lisa, 3 years and Julia, 7 months and 2
> teeth since last week :)
>
> My long story with Cocoon began in 2002 as an intern of Sylvain Wallez,
> with pre-2.0 versions, on a time where sitemap was compiled and XSP were
> kings ! I was immediately impressed by the elegance of SAX based
> pipelines. I quickly learned to write custom components and to
> understand Cocoon internals.
> During the 7 next years, I have trained 100+ people from French
> administration and universities to Cocoon and developped dozens of
> Cocoon 2.0 and 2.1 based applications.
>
> Since 2009, I am the co-founder and CTO of Anyware Services, a small
> company developping Ametys (http://www.ametys.org), an Open Source Web
> CMS written on top of Cocoon 2.1. Ametys is currently mainly used by
> French universities, and run almost 50 000 sites around the world.
> Despite that Cocoon 2.1 may be considered as obsolete by many people, I
> still consider it as the best existing framework for building publishing
> applications. It is VERY stable and reliable.
> I must admit that I never considered a migration to Cocoon 2.2 nor 3.0,
> because of the amount of work it would represent to migrate all the
> features I hacked directly deep in the Cocoon internals.
> That's why I volunteered to help maintaining and releasing Cocoon 2.1
>
> I hope to be able to contribute back to Cocoon community as much as it
> brought to me and my projects  the last 10 years.

A warm welcome as committer.

Reading your introduction we started to know cocoon in the same year and
as you, I consider cocoon as well still the best existing framework for
building publishing applications. :)

I am looking forward to work with you on the project.

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/