cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Import subprojects proposal [WAS: Re: [c3] Log4j injection in target of blocks]
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:07:00 GMT
Am 27.11.11 00:58, schrieb Thorsten Scherler:
> On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 15:44 +0100, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> On 25/11/2011 10:34, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> IMO we should either create a new version of them only compatible with
>>> c3 or update c2.2. IMO All above mentioned should have new versions and
>>> work with c3.
>>
>> What if we just make some nice "svn copy" of above mentioned cocoon
>> subprojects (and more: servlet-service, for example), as cocoon3
>> modules? Then we can start updating their POMs and possibly adding /
>> extending source code, and making C3 parent POM pointing to these.
>
> I do not see a problem with that, but they do not need to become modules
> IMO. We can update/maintain them where they are under a new release
> version.

IMO the current SVN structure is not really transparent. Trunk (2.2) and
cocoon3/trunk are conflicting versions. Maybe the following would make
sense?

branches/
   cocoon-2.2/
   cocoon-3/
   …
subprojects/
   cocoon-jnet
   …

Of course this would imply that the subprojects have a well-defined API
and functionality which is independent from any particular functionality
in any of the Cocoon branches.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO