cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <>
Subject PermGen memory leak in cocoon-jnet
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:55:39 GMT
Hi everyone,

when undeploying a C3 app, I'm experiencing a PermGen memory leak due to
cocoon-jnet. You find more general info on the subject at [1].

This is the reference chain:

-> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader

The problem is this line of code in URLStreamHandlerFactoryInstaller;
commenting it out resolves the memory leak:

ParentableURLStreamHandlerFactory(factory, null));

Here the static reference from to a Cocoon class is set.
Does anyone know if and how the reference can be removed, or if we can
achieve the same behaviour without registering the factory with

TIA for any hints!

-- Andreas

Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH