cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: Meet Cocoon CLI
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 20:41:29 GMT
> So, what I did today is replicating the Apache Ant/Maven behavior, I
> mean, cocoon-cli is a console application that takes in input an XML
> pipeline descriptor - called c3p.xml by default - that looks like very
> similar to ant build.xml file:

...which is not necessarily is a good thing :)

I just had to think of an old thread about an even older discussion

 http://markmail.org/message/mxivpqxli5rcbffu

I think many people have come to terms with XML in the sense that it
is just not great for humans to write. C3 could be perfect to come up
with just a DSL

> To package it, it is enough launching `mvn package` under
> /cocoon-cli[1], its execution will produce .tar.gaz and .zip packages
> under /cocoon-cli/target, that contain a multi-platform application
> which directories tree looks like the Maven one:
>
> .
> ├── README
> ├── bin
> │   ├── c3pipe
> │   └── c3pipe.bat
> ├── lib
>     ├── cocoon-cli-3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>     ├── cocoon-pipeline-3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>     ├── cocoon-sax-3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>     ├── cocoon-util-3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>     ├── cocoon-xml-2.0.2.jar
>     ├── commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar
>     ├── commons-digester3-3.1.jar
>     ├── jcl-over-slf4j-1.6.1.jar
>     ├── jcommander-1.17.jar
>     ├── logback-classic-0.9.29.jar
>     ├── logback-core-0.9.29.jar
>     └── slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar

I would just use the maven shade plugin and make it a runnable jar.
Makes it much easier to handle.

> WDYT? Feedbacks are needed and of course participation is open,
> everybody interested is welcome! :)

Go go go Simone! :)

cheers,
Torsten