cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Meet Cocoon CLI
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 08:09:48 GMT
Hi Torsten!!
Believe me or not, I have a mail in my draft box where describing an
alternative approach to XML sitemap, but never had the time (and the
brave :P) to complete and send :D

Just to give you more background on my madness: I thought about a CLI
tool because I used to test XSLTs using `xsltproc` from CLI, so IMHO
having a tool that would allow users testing an XML Pipeline would
alleviate users the suffering of not seeing the intermediate results,
unless the application is not properly deployed.
*My* issue - that induced me on the XML format - is that via CLI,
expressing a pipeline would be not so easy :/
Moreover, using my beloved commons-digester allowed me having a
working PoC in less than one day.
Anyway, I agree that something different from XML should be provided
to our users, my other issue is that I don't have good background on
JavaCC/AnTLR to write a DSL... and haven't taken a look yet on
XText... would you recommend it?

About packaging: I use the Application Assembler Maven Plugin[1] to
create the application - it generates even the scripts for both
linux/windows, so not so hard to manage.

I would be really pleased if you could share more thoughts and
suggestions on how to deliver our users a fresh new Cocoon CLI
application!

All the best, have  anice day!
Simo

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/appassembler/appassembler-maven-plugin/