cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robby Pelssers <>
Subject Nullpointer in ZipSerializer (cocoon 2.2)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:52:05 GMT
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if the issue in below thread has ever been fixed.

To shortly describe the use case:

The zipserializer only allows either:

-          You specify a @src  pointing to some cocoon pipeline using cocoon://   (Ideally
it would also support the servlet: protocol as now I have to provide a fa├žade in the calling
cocoon block)

-          You specify inline content and the @serializer

In a ideal world you should be able to use @src in combination with the @serializer because
now I have to first include the content from a pipeline by using <cinclude> before calling
<map:serialize type="zip"/>

I actually created some nice generic functionality to work around some issues:

************************ FLOWSCRIPT ***************************************
function downloadImdsZip() {
    var entries = [];
    new Collection(cocoon.request.getParameterValues("id")).forEach(function(id){
                var entry = {"name": id + ".xml", "source": "cocoon://chemicalcontent/imds/"
+ id + ".xml", "serializer": "upload"};
                print('Adding entry [name=' + + ', source=' + entry.source + ']
to ZIP archive.');
    var response = cocoon.response;
    cocoon.sendPage("zipArchive", {"entries": entries});

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   This jx expects an array called 'entries' containing objects with following properties:
   * name       (mandatory)
   * source     (mandatory)
   * serializer (optional)
   * If both source and serializer are provided, we assume that we want to include the content
inline so we can specify the serializer
    <jx:forEach var="entry" items="${entries}">
      <zip:entry name="${}">
          <jx:when test="${entry.serializer != null}">
            <jx:attribute name="serializer" value="${entry.serializer}"/>
            <cinclude:include src="${entry.source}"/>
            <jx:attribute name="src" value="${entry.source}"/>
<map:match pattern="zipArchive">
  <map:generate src="jx/zipArchive.jx" type="jx"/>
  <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
  <map:serialize type="zip"/>

But I now am facing the same nullpointer exception as in the link above.

Anyone some usefull input on this matter?

Robby Pelssers

View raw message