cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PermGen memory leak in cocoon-jnet
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:00:58 GMT
On 29/11/2011 02:55, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> when undeploying a C3 app, I'm experiencing a PermGen memory leak due
> to cocoon-jnet. You find more general info on the subject at [1].
>
> This is the reference chain:
>
> class java.net.URL
> ->
> org.apache.cocoon.jnet.URLStreamHandlerFactoryInstaller$ParentableURLStreamHandlerFactory
> ->
> org.apache.cocoon.jnet.URLStreamHandlerFactoryInstaller$ParentableURLStreamHandlerFactory
> -> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
>

> The problem is this line of code in URLStreamHandlerFactoryInstaller;
> commenting it out resolves the memory leak:
>
> URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(new
> ParentableURLStreamHandlerFactory(factory, null));
>
> Here the static reference from java.net.URL to a Cocoon class is set.
> Does anyone know if and how the reference can be removed, or if we can
> achieve the same behaviour without registering the factory with
> java.net.URL?
>
> TIA for any hints!

Hi Andreas,
first of all, I don't know how to fix the issue you are pointing out :-)

I just want to outline that cocoon-jnet [2] is just another example of
Cocoon subproject that would need some maintenance, as currently
discussing in thread [3]: are you interested in joining such conversation?

Regards.

> [1] http://blogs.oracle.com/fkieviet/entry/how_to_fix_the_dreaded
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/subprojects/cocoon-jnet/
[3]