cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject [C3] Import subprojects proposal [WAS: Re: [c3] Log4j injection in target of blocks]
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:44:39 GMT
On 25/11/2011 10:34, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> [...]
>> Unfortunately, there are quite some dependencies that I guess were
>> initially thought for C2.2, then used for C3 and now getting old like as:
>>
>>    * cocoon-spring-configurator: think that I had to put replacement of
>> Log4JConfigurator, LogbackConfigurator, in cocoon-servlet [2]
>>    * cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper
>>    * cocoon-xml: think that I had to put ParamSAXBuffer extending
>> SAXBuffer in cocoon-sax [3]
>>
>> I think we should decide how to cope with this.
> IMO we should either create a new version of them only compatible with
> c3 or update c2.2. IMO All above mentioned should have new versions and
> work with c3.

What if we just make some nice "svn copy" of above mentioned cocoon
subprojects (and more: servlet-service, for example), as cocoon3
modules? Then we can start updating their POMs and possibly adding /
extending source code, and making C3 parent POM pointing to these.

In this way we would easily manage everything in one place - including
Sonar, JIRA, Jenkins and Maven artifacts.
Of course, we would loose the separation among Cocoon "own stuff" and
Cocoon "stuff that can be used even when not using Cocoon": do you
retain such distinction still necessary, these days?

WDYT?
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò