cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Meet Cocoon CLI
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:16:48 GMT
On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 21:21 +0100, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> I took advantage from today that's been a vacation day here to play
> and experiment a little a new cocoon application I proposed time ago,
> called cocoon-cli.
> I had a private conversation with Cedri Beust, the author of
> JCommander, that gave me a little suggestion how to NOT make a CLI
> application :P
>
> So, what I did today is replicating the Apache Ant/Maven behavior, I
> mean, cocoon-cli is a console application that takes in input an XML
> pipeline descriptor - called c3p.xml by default - that looks like very
> similar to ant build.xml file:
>
> {code}
> <pipelines name="Cocoon Pipelines test" default="id0">
>
>   <pipeline id="id0">
>     <generator src="${user.dir}/src/test/resources/missing-elements.xml" />
>     <serializer />
>   </pipeline>
>
>   <pipeline id="id1">
>     <generator src="${user.dir}/src/test/resources/missing-elements.xml" />
>     <serializer />
>   </pipeline>
>
> </pipelines>
> {code}

Do you create a java pipeline with that? Can you point me to the code?

Have you plans to add matchers, actions and alike components support?

I should finally use droids to bring back the cocoon cli crawler (c3
droids) to crawl a c3 page.

Not sure whether people still remember the "old" cli of cocoon, but
basically apache forrest is using it as key feature to generate offline
documentation in different formats crawling the documentation page.

In Droids we have an approach that Bertli brought up on the ml where we
use c3 pipelines to invoke business operation on a task (link). His
usecase was to parse a html page and index it to solr.

Florent another user was suggesting something like the above to
configure c3 in droids, so your approach sound interesting to adopt.
Need to find some time somewhere.

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>