cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: status c3
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:02:24 GMT
On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 05:45 +0100, Jos Snellings wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> What is the current status of cocoon-3?
> - I notice that the archetypes in the trunk are still on alpha-3, whereas,
> - most of the artifacts have shifted to beta-1?
> Here is the news:
> - I have been using what I could call c3 "core" for quite some time now
> (> 1y)
>    no complaints
>    (core = servlet, pipeline, sax, sitemap, controller)
> - I have a possible case for a nice c3 application, but I am afraid that
> cocoons official status ("alpha" according to the documentation)
>    will scare the customer
> What's the plan on short notice?
> Could live with beta, I guess.

As you may have notice we (as in ATM using c3 in
different customer project and in the near future we will need as well a
release. We are using ATM c3 HEAD in our developments and justifying it
that our released version will be build on cocoon 3 as official

Trying to say in the days of CI using HEAD never had been better and we
are working towards a stable version BUT we need some brave devs to try
c3 in real usecases and find the bugs/problems we may still have.

Thorsten Scherler <>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>

View raw message