cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] sitemapNode setParameters( Map<String, Object>) ? (was Re: [c3] Implementing presentation logic in c3)
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:21:28 GMT
On 31/10/2011 13:35, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 13:07 +0100, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
$if$ is actually doing its job (take a look at cocoon-stringtemplate unit tests): unfortunately,
this does not seem to work for sitemap, so I preferred not to update StringTemplate samples
in cocoon-sample.

parameters are always cast to String?
>>> /cocoon-sitemap/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/InvocationImpl.java
>>>
>>> resolveParameter(String){
>>>    return result.toString();
>>> }
>>>
>>> I am not sure if we can change
>>> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.node.SitemapNode but in that interface we define:
>>>    void setParameters(Map<String, String>   parameters);
>>> I reckon Map<String, Object>   would the one we are looking for.
>> Hi,
>> see attached a patch letting sitemap parameters be actual Objects: check updated
StringTemplate samples in cocoon-sample in order to see effective $if$ (finally!) in place.

>> For the moment I preferred not to commit the attached patch, because it is a quite
intrusive change (talking about interfaces, not only implementations).
>> Besides all unit and integration tests defined, I've also made some others by-hand
testing, and it *should* work.

>> Please let me know if you run into any problem and if you think this patch to be
committed.
> I had a quick look and it seems fine with me. The only problem I had with the path is
that it introduced some formating changes as well - making it hard to see right away the important
change.

> I try to prevent this situation in
> a) format the classes you will need to change BEFORE any change
> b) commit that as "whitenoise"
> c) do the work
>
> This way only the important changes can be seen on the patch without any "whitenoise".

I've cleaned up the patch from formatting and attached to new COCOON3-79.

> I would be +1.
>
> Maybe you want to call a vote to catch attention?

Just done.

Thanks.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò