cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] Implementing presentation logic in c3
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 14:39:40 GMT
On 28/10/2011 12:58, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> [...]
> I patched only the transformer, here my observation:
> - the attribute approach works fine.
> - the second one cuts of element generation from that point on.
>
> it is a start. ;)

I've just committed an update to StringTemplateTransformer, now using
StringTemplateGenerator's commodities - i.e. taking the whole document
as input: as said before, this was the same approach taken for JX
generator / transformer; moreover, ST requires a plain String as input
and does not provide any SAX-related features for rendering.
This means that everything managed by StringTemplateGenerator is now
managed in the same way by StringTemplateTransformer (including XML
attributes, working in both).

Finally, I've also made a fix for passing non-String parameters to ST,
so $if$ is actually doing its job (take a look at cocoon-stringtemplate
unit tests): unfortunately, this does not seem to work for sitemap, so I
preferred not to update StringTemplate samples in cocoon-sample.

Can anyone confirm (and possibly point out where to look, in case) that
sitemap parameters are always cast to String?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member