On 16/09/11 14:18, Gabriel Gruber wrote:

Most work would probably be to migrate to Dojo 1.x. But if we just change the JS library and make the existing JS code work again, I think we would be fine. Jeremy's proposal with migrating to Dojo 1.x was much deeper: He actually wanted to implement dojo skins and redesign the whole repeater-concept.... In our case we would be already quite happy with just upgrading to the latest dojo versions. In fact we had to tweak cocoon 2.2 already a lot, that the dojo 0.4.3 stuff works for us, there have been really strange problems...

Would it not make more sense to NOT integrate dojo into cocoon 2 (or 3). Dojo is on the client and is designed to receive JSON (or XML) generated by the server.  The server should never use Dojo directly (just provide Dojo when the cocoon-based application is loaded in the client). If you keep this separated, it should be very easy to change to another Dojo version.

cheers,
Gabriel

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Workflow EDV GmbH, Dannebergplatz 6/23, A-1030 Wien
http://www.workflow.at

From:        Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelssers@nxp.com>
To:        "users@cocoon.apache.org" <users@cocoon.apache.org>, "dev@cocoon.apache.org" <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
Date:        15.09.2011 09:10
Subject:        help needed for migrating Cocoon2.2 to Spring 3

Hi all,

I’ve seen plenty of people asking for coming up with a new release Cocoon2.3 where cocoon would ship with:
- Spring 3
- Dojo 1.x
- EhCache 2.3.x
- FOP 1.0

In our particular case we would already be satisfied with being able to switch to Spring 3. But so far no single successful upgrade path has been described on the mailinglist.  It also looks as no effort is being put in Cocon2.2 anymore.  I just want to get some confirmation on this.

We might be able to hold of making this switch for a small period of time but as a precaution I want to understand if it is wiser bet my money on Cocoon3 (which does not even have a stable version yet) or wait for a new version of Cocoon2.2 which might never see daylight.

Ps. If anyone could already give the steps to take to do it ourselves we would be very thankfull.

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi