cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: help needed for migrating Cocoon2.2 to Spring 3
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:04:22 GMT
On 16/09/11 14:18, Gabriel Gruber wrote:
>
> Most work would probably be to migrate to Dojo 1.x. But if we just 
> change the JS library and make the existing JS code work again, I 
> think we would be fine. Jeremy's proposal with migrating to Dojo 1.x 
> was much deeper: He actually wanted to implement dojo skins and 
> redesign the whole repeater-concept.... In our case we would be 
> already quite happy with just upgrading to the latest dojo versions. 
> In fact we had to tweak cocoon 2.2 already a lot, that the dojo 0.4.3 
> stuff works for us, there have been really strange problems...

Would it not make more sense to NOT integrate dojo into cocoon 2 (or 3). 
Dojo is on the client and is designed to receive JSON (or XML) generated 
by the server.  The server should never use Dojo directly (just provide 
Dojo when the cocoon-based application is loaded in the client). If you 
keep this separated, it should be very easy to change to another Dojo 
version.
>
> cheers,
> Gabriel
>
> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> Workflow EDV GmbH, Dannebergplatz 6/23, A-1030 Wien
> http://www.workflow.at <http://www.workflow.at/>
>
>
>
> From: Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelssers@nxp.com>
> To: "users@cocoon.apache.org" <users@cocoon.apache.org>, 
> "dev@cocoon.apache.org" <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
> Date: 15.09.2011 09:10
> Subject: help needed for migrating Cocoon2.2 to Spring 3
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve seen plenty of people asking for coming up with a new release 
> Cocoon2.3 where cocoon would ship with:
> - Spring 3
> - Dojo 1.x
> - EhCache 2.3.x
> - FOP 1.0
>
>
> In our particular case we would already be satisfied with being able 
> to switch to Spring 3. But so far no single successful upgrade path 
> has been described on the mailinglist.  It also looks as no effort is 
> being put in Cocon2.2 anymore.  I just want to get some confirmation 
> on this.
>
> We might be able to hold of making this switch for a small period of 
> time but as a precaution I want to understand if it is wiser bet my 
> money on Cocoon3 (which does not even have a stable version yet) or 
> wait for a new version of Cocoon2.2 which might never see daylight.
>
> Ps. If anyone could already give the steps to take to do it ourselves 
> we would be very thankfull.
>
> Kind regards,
> Robby Pelssers


-- 
Andre H. Juffer              | Phone: +358-8-553 1161
Biocenter Oulu and           | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
Department of Biochemistry   | Email: andre.juffer@oulu.fi
University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/
StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi
Triacle Biocomputing         | WWW: www.triacle-bc.com


Mime
View raw message