cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <>
Subject Re: [c3] DirectoryGenerator refactoring to drop jarkata regExp (was RE: svn commit: r1162745)
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:45:56 GMT
On 09/09/2011 10:33, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> Hmm, Jakarta RegExp does some things different and IMO much better then java.util.
Even if it is retired that does not mean it is not worth using it, more since this way the
component works exactly as in our prior versions. Not sure when I will find the time to look
into a rewrite to use java regex.
>> I second Francesco that we should get rid of Jakarta RegExp before 3.0.
>> In the long run will pay off to use a good standard rather than a better non-standard.
>> When you say Jakarta does it different and better do you refer to the API or the
regexp syntax?
>> If it is just converting the API calls, I can help.
>> I wonder whether for the average user it would not be more convenient if DirectoryGenerator
would accept the same Ant-style globs as map:match rather than full-blown Perl-style regexps.
> I agree that using standards is better more if we can drop some deps.
> Like pointed out before I will try to look into it but it is ATM not very high on my
crowed TODO list.
> I guess it is not that difficult and maybe a fine contribution for someone from the community.
Hey we are always looking for new committers.

For anyone wanting to contribute:

Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member

View raw message