cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon GetTogether?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 15:08:34 GMT
Hi all guys and sorry for have overlooked that discussion.
A GT is what I really wish see realized :) I spoke also with Francesco
via chat and we both agreed/wish on give new energy to C3 promoting a
GT.

I tried to go to Vienna last year to meet Reinhard and Steven, but
unfortunately didn't have enough budget to go (here in Italy salaries
are not at EU level - unless you are a Politician :P) :(

I would like - just my wish - to propose the University of L'Aquila
(Italy) as next Cocoon3 GT for 2 main reason (3, since it is the city
when I was born :P ):

 * on April 6, 2009, it was partially destroyed by a earthquake[1] and
it's still in terrible conditions - so organizing a so great event
would hopefully attract the interest

 * because of it, the University lost a lot of students, we could
maybe help them attracting guys

It is just a prototypal idea, I should speak with people I'm still in
touch there before doing a real proposal... anyway, how does it sound?
TIA, all the best!!!
Simo

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_L'Aquila_earthquake

http://www.99soft.org/