cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel, Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@six-group.com>
Subject RE: Filtering out (some) Sonar violations
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 09:25:47 GMT
Hi Francesco,

I am a big fan of Findbugs and persueing a zero-warnings policy.
In other projects we use a Findbugs exclude filter file to
disable warnings and document the deliberation for doing so.

Sonar should foresee to pull such an exclude filter from the
project's code base.

NB we also exclude XFB_XML_FACTORY_BYPASS with reason
"axis.client.Stub requires specific axis.message.SOAPHeaderElement".

Cheers, Alfred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgrosso@apache.org]
Sent: Freitag, 5. August 2011 08:50
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Filtering out (some) Sonar violations

My proposal would be to open a issue to INFRA in order to ask for
disabling these two rules: do you see any problem, with this?

For my personal experience about Findbugs, PMD and Checkstyle, it is
rather impossible to satisfy all the rules (thus bringing the number of
violations to zero); however, I personally think that reducing the huge
amount that we have at the moment would dramatically improve Cocoon 3's
source code quality.

The content of this e-mail is intended only for the confidential use of the person addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.