cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.1] Future of Cocoon 2.1.x... again :)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:36:51 GMT
> On 16/08/2011 10:37, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> Hi Cédric,
>>> some of my e-mails are part of your thread [1], and here I come
>>> again :-)
>>>
>>> In the meanwhile we dismissed our Cocoon 2.1 applications and we are
>>> moving everything to Cocoon 3: even though not mature, looks more
>>> promising,
>>>
>>> Anyway, I am not that familiar with C2.1 ant-based build process, so
>>> I don't think I can help you at all.
>> Actually I do not see much issues regarding the ant build. Actually
>> it is pretty much straight forward to build c2. ./build.sh; ./cocoon.sh
>>
>> We (the committer) should find the time to review this patches and
>> apply them if working. To maintain our c2.1 user will benefit us as
>> soon the first c3 apps are going into production and people see that
>> it is worth
>> into upgrading to c3.
>
> I totally agree but... how is the ant build organized? Are there
> (unit) tests? How can we be sure that the applied patched don't break
> other functionalities? The above procedure "./build.sh; ./cocoon.sh"
> can only ensure that the code compiles, not much more :-)
>
> Is there any document for applying patches to C2.1.X branch? Or any
> kind of tests that can be run against the modified source code?
>
> C2.1 is in production in many places so the risk to make a complete
> mess for "our C2.1 users" is considerable, isn't it?

1. svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X
cocoon-2_1_X
2. cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
3. set include.all.blocks=true
4. ./build.sh
5. ./build.sh test

resulted in 6 test failures (DefaultRunnableManagerTestCase)

Am I doing something wrong?

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member