cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.1] Future of Cocoon 2.1.x... again :)
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:56:06 GMT
On 11/08/2011 15:36, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> Hi Cocoon team,
>
> A little more than one year ago, I sent a mail [1] to this list, to
> get feedbacks about usage of Cocoon 2.1.x, 3 years after the last
> release.
> I must admit that I received many more answers (privately and publicly
> on the list) than I could have expected first.
> This proved me the vitality of the 2.1.x community.
> So I began to open some tickets [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] and provide
> some patches gathered during the last years on my projects, but
> unfortunately, I received nearly no feedback from committers around here.
> Is there still any interest from devs for the 2.1.x branch ?
> Could someone review the patches ? I obviously volunteer to help, to
> stop having to run dozen apps with a patched Cocoon.
> Has someone interest to prepare and schedule a 2.1.12 maintenance
> release ?

Hi Cédric,
some of my e-mails are part of your thread [1], and here I come again :-)

In the meanwhile we dismissed our Cocoon 2.1 applications and we are
moving everything to Cocoon 3: even though not mature, looks more promising,

Anyway, I am not that familiar with C2.1 ant-based build process, so I
don't think I can help you at all.

Devs, is there anyone still familiar with C2.1 build?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member