cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Java version 1.6
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:42:13 GMT
Am 04.08.2011 00:03, schrieb Sylvain Wallez:
> Le 01/08/11 16:26, Nathaniel, Alfred a écrit :
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> C3 is still set to 1.5 as source and target version.
>>
>> Java5 is end of life since almost two years now.
>>
>> Is there any good reason not to go 1.6?
>>

> Here's an additional one to the ones already given : StAX
> (javax.xml.stream) is included in 1.6, whereas it requires a separate
> implementation (e.g. Woodstox) in 1.5.

I have another one: trunk cannot be compiled with Java 5 any more.

Adding @Override to methods that implement an interface is only allowed
in 1.6 and not in 1.5.
I can see 44 errors due to that in cocoon-sax, cocoon-sitemap,
cocoon-stringtemplate and cocoon-wicket.

So our build is only working because de facto we are already running on 1.6.