cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Fwd: Cocoon-trunk - Build # 49 - Unstable
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:03:22 GMT
Oops!... I did it again
But this time I'm innocent :P

It took me some time to figure this one out since I didn't touch
anything near it.

My theory is this:
With COCOON3-69 ehcache was upgraded from 1.6.1 to 2.4.3.
Between those versions, the serialVersionUID of net.sf.ehcache.Element
changed, so serialized versions of that class cannot be loaded any more.

The build fails because the ehcache for cocoon-profiling is configured
to be "diskPersistent" and reading the old cache with the new class fails.
The build fails only sometimes, because it fails only once on each node
in the build cluster, after that the cache is rewritten with the newer
version.

Should we wait until the build has spread through all nodes and stopped
failing from this or try something else?
I'm really for changing the profiling cache to non-persistent - unless
that breaks something.
Do we need to preserve profiling results between restarts?

Cheers,
Steven

-------- Original-Nachricht --------