cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Compilation Problems on Jenkins
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 23:09:45 GMT
Hey guys,

as some might have seen, I crashed our Jenkins build about an hour ago:
[ERROR]
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Cocoon-trunk/trunk/cocoon-sitemap/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/util/SpringProxyHelper.java:[30,28]

type parameters of <T>T cannot be determined; no unique maximal instance
exists for type variable T with upper bounds T,java.lang.Object

The funny thing is that neither my Eclipse nor Maven (3.0.1) detected
the problem before I made the commit.
The real reason for this compilation failure is - I believe - a bug in
the javac, documented here:

And indeed Jenkins is running on a Java version that is/would be
affected by this one:

Java version: 1.6.0_20, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home: /home/jenkins/tools/java/jdk1.6.0_20-32/jre

while my local JDK is much newer (1.6.0_25) and contains the fix.

Should/can/must we try to get that upgraded? (1.6.0_26 is available already)

Cheers,
Steven