cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: Filtering out (some) Sonar violations
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 09:57:27 GMT
Am 05.08.2011 11:25, schrieb Nathaniel, Alfred:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> I am a big fan of Findbugs and persueing a zero-warnings policy.
> In other projects we use a Findbugs exclude filter file to
> disable warnings and document the deliberation for doing so.

That's what we do as well.
TBH, the default ruleset contains more than one rule that I find highly
suspicious if not outright stupid.
Zero warnings is IMO the only way to go, same as with unit tests.

> Sonar should foresee to pull such an exclude filter from the
> project's code base.
>
> NB we also exclude XFB_XML_FACTORY_BYPASS with reason
> "axis.client.Stub requires specific axis.message.SOAPHeaderElement".

Maybe we should try to get our own set of rules (there are rulesets "CXF
Rules with Findbugs" and "My Faces with Findbugs", so I guess that's
possible).

I think it's easier to start with a more lenient ruleset, work (close)
to 0 warnings and then add a couple more restrictions and repeat.
Sitting in front of hundreds of warnings can be a frustrating situation...

Steven