cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Filtering out (some) Sonar violations
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 06:50:12 GMT
Gents,
if you take a look at [1], you will realize that we have a quite long
path to reach a decent quality level of Cocoon 3's source code.

At the moment, the most "bad" violations are related to a couple of
rules that couldn't apply to Cocoon 3, for different reasons:

1. Using member variables in servlets [2] - Cocoon 3 uses the
ServletService framework, so servlet's lifecycle is not managed in the
usual way, by a Servlet container

2. Direct allocation of a specific implementation of xml interfaces [3]:
NekoHtml does not provide a SAXParserFactory, only provides direct
instantiation

My proposal would be to open a issue to INFRA in order to ask for
disabling these two rules: do you see any problem, with this?

For my personal experience about Findbugs, PMD and Checkstyle, it is
rather impossible to satisfy all the rules (thus bringing the number of
violations to zero); however, I personally think that reducing the huge
amount that we have at the moment would dramatically improve Cocoon 3's
source code quality.

Cheers.

[1]
https://analysis.apache.org/drilldown/violations/org.apache.cocoon.root:cocoon-root