cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Java version 1.6
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:16:46 GMT
On 01/08/2011 21:06, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all guys!!!
> My question is instead: is there any advantage we can get by targeting
> Cocoon to Java6? Is there any specific Java6 APIs we need to improve
> the existing codebase?
> If yes, please can you describe?

Hi Simone,
some of my favorite Java 6 features that Cocoon codebase could profit from:

* Collections Framework Enhancements and ServiceLoader [1]: Cocoon
source code makes large use of collections, thus usage of these features
can improve quality and performance

* Internationalization Enhancements [2]: especially now that we should
start working on the new i18n transformer [3]

* JMX [4] and Management [5] enhancements: will we ever put this great
Cocoon 3 stuff in production?

Last but not least, Cocoon 3 depends on many other frameworks and
libraries that will eventually require Java 6 (and 7, soon) capabilities.

Regards.

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/lang/enhancements.html#6
[2]