cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1162745 - in /cocoon/cocoon3/trunk: cocoon-optional/pom.xml cocoon-stax/pom.xml parent/pom.xml
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:15:50 GMT
On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 14:00 +0200, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> >> Moreover, nekohtml is already declared in cocoon-optional POM, already correctly
marked as optional.
> > ok regarding the neko, but still the jarkata is missing, isn't it?
>
> Correct.
> Since Jakarta RegExp is retired (see [1]), do you think it would be hard
> to rework the DirectoryGenerator in order to make use of
> java.util.regexp.* instead?
> Otherwise you can just add this dependency - with version - in
> parent/pom.xml and with optional modifier in cocoon-optional/pom.xml.
>
> One less dependency - even though optional - is better :-)

Hmm, Jakarta RegExp does some things different and IMO much better then
java.util. Even if it is retired that does not mean it is not worth
using it, more since this way the component works exactly as in our
prior versions. Not sure when I will find the time to look into a
rewrite to use java regex.

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>