cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3] REST and asynchronous server side operations initialized via AJAX request.
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:16:54 GMT
On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 14:19 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking into implementing reporting server side operation progress
> with jQuery UI Progressbar with our REST framework.
>
> My basic idea as starting point is to use the GET to ask for the
> progress of the processing and POST to invoke the work which reports the
> progress.
>
> I found an example on the web [1] for asp.net, but the basic idea there
> is to create a thread that stores the progress in a session object. This
> is invoked by post. This session object then get accesses this object
> via get request consulting the state.
>
> What is the best way to implement such a thing in c3?
>
> With threads? Where to store the progress object since it needs to be
> client independent?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-75

I added an abstract class, an example how to use it in your class and a
short explanation to integrate with jquery.

If people are interested I can commit it to cocoon-rest.

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/