cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject [c3] REST and asynchronous server side operations initialized via AJAX request.
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:19:37 GMT
Hi all,

I am looking into implementing reporting server side operation progress
with jQuery UI Progressbar with our REST framework.

My basic idea as starting point is to use the GET to ask for the
progress of the processing and POST to invoke the work which reports the
progress.

I found an example on the web [1] for asp.net, but the basic idea there
is to create a thread that stores the progress in a session object. This
is invoked by post. This session object then get accesses this object
via get request consulting the state.

What is the best way to implement such a thing in c3?

With threads? Where to store the progress object since it needs to be
client independent?

Any thoughts welcome.

[1]
http://tpeczek.blogspot.com/2010/07/reporting-server-side-operation.html