cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.1] Future of Cocoon 2.1.x... again :)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:37:24 GMT
On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 17:56 +0200, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 11/08/2011 15:36, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> > Hi Cocoon team,
> >
> > A little more than one year ago, I sent a mail [1] to this list, to
> > get feedbacks about usage of Cocoon 2.1.x, 3 years after the last
> > release.
> > I must admit that I received many more answers (privately and publicly
> > on the list) than I could have expected first.
> > This proved me the vitality of the 2.1.x community.
> > So I began to open some tickets [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] and provide
> > some patches gathered during the last years on my projects, but
> > unfortunately, I received nearly no feedback from committers around here.
> > Is there still any interest from devs for the 2.1.x branch ?
> > Could someone review the patches ? I obviously volunteer to help, to
> > stop having to run dozen apps with a patched Cocoon.
> > Has someone interest to prepare and schedule a 2.1.12 maintenance
> > release ?
>
> Hi Cédric,
> some of my e-mails are part of your thread [1], and here I come again :-)
>
> In the meanwhile we dismissed our Cocoon 2.1 applications and we are
> moving everything to Cocoon 3: even though not mature, looks more promising,
>
> Anyway, I am not that familiar with C2.1 ant-based build process, so I
> don't think I can help you at all.

Actually I do not see much issues regarding the ant build. Actually it
is pretty much straight forward to build c2. ./build.sh; ./cocoon.sh

We (the committer) should find the time to review this patches and apply
them if working. To maintain our c2.1 user will benefit us as soon the
first c3 apps are going into production and people see that it is worth
into upgrading to c3.

salu2

> Devs, is there anyone still familiar with C2.1 build?
>
> Regards.
>
> > [1] http://markmail.org/thread/hizllvbjdeurr2de
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2288, allow to use SLF4J
> > [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2307, bug in the
> > ResourceReader
> > [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2309, possible bug
> > with SitemapSource under certain circumstances
> > [5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2310, XHTMLSerializer
> > from serializers block does not handle HTML5
> > [6] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2313, subclassing of
> > org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
> > [7] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2314, override upload
> > params in CocoonServlet