cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] cocoonstuff.org
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:28:52 GMT
> Hmm...

</snip>

+1 sharing these thoughts

> Also, a separate
> environment comes with additional time spent in administrative stuff (look
> at your long task list!) that could probably be used more wisely to build a
> stable C3.

+1

> So if the purpose is to lower the barrier for contribution, then why not
> just having a "contrib" directory in SVN, clearly showing that these aren't
> core modules, but still under the oversight of the PMC and the ASF at large?

I fear that's not really lowering the barrier of entry. Still
committers are the "gate keepers"

> Of course, managing Git pull requests would be more convenient than applying
> patches in Jira, but still, at this point, this is probably easier than
> having a completely separate infrastructure.

but after all there is already...

  https://github.com/apache/cocoon

if we could accept pull requests from people with ICLAs on file - that
would be a great step forward to lower the barrier for contributions.

cheers,
Torsten