cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using XQJ API with Cocoon3
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:38:40 GMT
Hi Robby,
AFAIK 3rd parties MPL licensed can be included, see
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
HTH, have a nice day!
All the best,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Robby Pelssers <robby.pelssers@ciber.com> wrote:
> I found out that Saxonica offers an XQJ implementation which allows you to use XQJ without
the need to have an actual database up and running.
> There is a Saxon-HE version which has a Mozilla Public License. Does anyone have any
idea if I could use this version together with Cocoon3 to write my unit tests?

> Kind regards,
> Robby

 But i did try to find any XQJ jar in mvn repository and couldn't find one. Maybe we should
upload the jar to a public maven repo ourselves?

> But what would be the group- and artifact id in that case?  And it still leaves the
issue that the implementations ship with the interface as well.

> Robby

really tested properly. But I look forward contributing input for this component as it really
is a must-have if you want to hook up with any XMLDB supporting XQJ.

>> The only real showstopper at this moment is that i have no clue how I can avoid declaring
a dependency on the XMLDB specific implementation.

>> The XQJGenerator so far is 100% using only the interfaces but they are packaged with
the implementation :-(   I will address this issue with
>> both Sedna and BaseX and see if someone can create seperate jar for interface and
let them all seperate implementation code from the interface in 2 separate jars.  If the
interface would be available from Maven central would also be a big bonus.

>> Keep you posted,
>> Robby

cases is stored in a XML Database it makes sense to offer out-of-the box functionality to
extract data from it.  From my personal experience I think most XMLDB implementers have abondoned
the XMLDB API initiative and are focusing on XQuery for Java (XQJ) instead.

>>> I just started playing with the API today and wrote a bit of code to get more
acquainted.  I would like to start a little thread to find out if we can add a new XQJGenerator
to the optional cocoon module.

>>> A first little exercise is mentioned on my blog but it's far from production
ready.

>>> - TODO: allow wrapping query result in 1 root tag
>>> - Problem: the XQJ interface jar is packaged along with the implementations (Sedna,
Exist, Marklogic).  This means I had to actually declare a maven dependency on the implementation
specific jar (in this case sedna-xqj-beta-5.jar).