cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Using XQJ API with Cocoon3
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 17:59:37 GMT
Yes, it's an official JSR Specification available at http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=225

In the download section for the final 1.0 spec I could find the jar included in the zip.
But i did try to find any XQJ jar in mvn repository and couldn't find one. Maybe we should
upload the jar to a public maven repo ourselves?

But what would be the group- and artifact id in that case?  And it still leaves the issue
that the implementations ship with the interface as well.

Robby

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: simone.tripodi@gmail.com namens Simone Tripodi
Verzonden: di 5-7-2011 18:04
Aan: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Using XQJ API with Cocoon3

Hi Robby,
rather a 'must to have' it is IMHO a 'very cool to have' ;)
just a silly question - and please take in consideration that I'm not
familiar with the XQuery world - isn't there a JSR specification?
Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Robby Pelssers <robby.pelssers@ciber.com> wrote:
> Hi Simone,
>
> as this is my last week before my holidays I don't think i will manage to get things
really tested properly. But I look forward contributing input for this component as it really
is a must-have if you want to hook up with any XMLDB supporting XQJ.

> The only real showstopper at this moment is that i have no clue how I can avoid declaring
a dependency on the XMLDB specific implementation.

> The XQJGenerator so far is 100% using only the interfaces but they are packaged with
the implementation :-(   I will address this issue with
> both Sedna and BaseX and see if someone can create seperate jar for interface and let
them all seperate implementation code from the interface in 2 separate jars.  If the interface
would be available from Maven central would also be a big bonus.

> Keep you posted,
> Robby

is stored in a XML Database it makes sense to offer out-of-the box functionality to extract
data from it.  From my personal experience I think most XMLDB implementers have abondoned
the XMLDB API initiative and are focusing on XQuery for Java (XQJ) instead.

>> I just started playing with the API today and wrote a bit of code to get more acquainted.
 I would like to start a little thread to find out if we can add a new XQJGenerator to the
optional cocoon module.

>> A first little exercise is mentioned on my blog but it's far from production ready.
>>
>> - TODO: allow wrapping query result in 1 root tag
>> - Problem: the XQJ interface jar is packaged along with the implementations (Sedna,
Exist, Marklogic).  This means I had to actually declare a maven dependency on the implementation
specific jar (in this case sedna-xqj-beta-5.jar).