cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Using XQJ API with Cocoon3
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:20:19 GMT
Hi Simone,

as this is my last week before my holidays I don't think i will manage to get things really
tested properly. But I look forward contributing input for this component as it really is
a must-have if you want to hook up with any XMLDB supporting XQJ.

The only real showstopper at this moment is that i have no clue how I can avoid declaring
a dependency on the XMLDB specific implementation.

The XQJGenerator so far is 100% using only the interfaces but they are packaged with the implementation
:-(   I will address this issue with
both Sedna and BaseX and see if someone can create seperate jar for interface and let them
all seperate implementation code from the interface in 2 separate jars.  If the interface
would be available from Maven central would also be a big bonus.

Keep you posted,
Robby

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: simone.tripodi@gmail.com namens Simone Tripodi
Verzonden: di 5-7-2011 14:49
Aan: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Using XQJ API with Cocoon3

Hi Robby!!!
as I wrote you on Twitter, this is something *really* interesting that
must be included in the Cocoon distribution :)

We can include that module quite easy, all you have to do is

 * checkout/update the C3 /trunk;
 * add needed dependencies in the <dependenciesManagement> in the
/parent/pom.xml
 * add your code in the /cocoon-optional module in a proper package -
see the existing codebase as samples how we already managed 3rd
parties integrations
 * make a patch and submit it on JIRA

Looking forward to hear from you soon, all the best!!!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Robby Pelssers <robby.pelssers@ciber.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As Cocoon is an excellent framework for dealing with XML and hence in a lot of cases
is stored in a XML Database it makes sense to offer out-of-the box functionality to extract
data from it.  From my personal experience I think most XMLDB implementers have abondoned
the XMLDB API initiative and are focusing on XQuery for Java (XQJ) instead.

> I just started playing with the API today and wrote a bit of code to get more acquainted.
 I would like to start a little thread to find out if we can add a new XQJGenerator to the
optional cocoon module.

> A first little exercise is mentioned on my blog but it's far from production ready.
>
> - TODO: allow wrapping query result in 1 root tag
> - Problem: the XQJ interface jar is packaged along with the implementations (Sedna, Exist,
Marklogic).  This means I had to actually declare a maven dependency on the implementation
specific jar (in this case sedna-xqj-beta-5.jar).