cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject Using XQJ API with Cocoon3
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:42:09 GMT
Hi all,

As Cocoon is an excellent framework for dealing with XML and hence in a lot of cases is stored
in a XML Database it makes sense to offer out-of-the box functionality to extract data from
it.  From my personal experience I think most XMLDB implementers have abondoned the XMLDB
API initiative and are focusing on XQuery for Java (XQJ) instead.

I just started playing with the API today and wrote a bit of code to get more acquainted.
 I would like to start a little thread to find out if we can add a new XQJGenerator to the
optional cocoon module.

A first little exercise is mentioned on my blog but it's far from production ready.

- TODO: allow wrapping query result in 1 root tag
- Problem: the XQJ interface jar is packaged along with the implementations (Sedna, Exist,
Marklogic).  This means I had to actually declare a maven dependency on the implementation
specific jar (in this case sedna-xqj-beta-5.jar).

For the ones who think this would be a great add-on, check my first post at http://robbypelssers.blogspot.com/2011/07/using-xqj-api-with-cocoon3.html

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers